We are looking for a highly motivated backend engineer to help us build a robust, scalable and high-performing cloud service that provides great audio processing and editing for content creators.
As a Backend Engineer at Nomono you will be joining our Cloud Team, working with 8 other colleagues. The team currently consists of a UX designer, two front-end engineers, a back-end engineer, a cloud engineer, two audio developers and a Product Manager.
Our development process follows agile methodologies and we build our platform using state-of-the-art tooling and frameworks. You will contribute to backend design and architecture, security, monitoring and incident handling. Not a small responsibility, but you will have dedicated colleagues to share it with.
As a member of the team you will not only write efficient and well-structured software, but also contribute actively to software quality through automated tests and code reviews. You will share knowledge of tools and technologies and recommend best practices. Instead of struggling with outdated legacy code, your work should actively shape our products now and in the future.
We believe in a small, dynamic and lean organisation with cross-functional, autonomous teams, but we make sure we are aligned across the entire organisation. This puts a lot of pressure on only getting the top talents in every position. This position offers a unique opportunity for you to take part in our vision.
- Contribute to a robust and trustworthy end-user experience for our SaaS customers
- Architect, develop and operate our SaaS offering as part of the Cloud team
- Establish and develop tools and practices to ensure a stable, resilient and secure backend
- Produce clean, readable code and participate in code reviews
- Keep yourself updated on tools and solutions and share knowledge with your colleagues
Our current tech stack
- Python web frameworks (Django, FastAPI, Flask)
- Datadog for monitoring
- Kubernetes & Terraform
- Docker & AWS EKS
- BSc/MSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong knowledge of Django and other Python web frameworks
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Prometheus or Opentracing
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS
- Familiarity with agile development and Git
- Excellent communication skills in English
And we think you’ll fit in Nomono if you:
- Are familiar with microservices / distributed systems design
- Are accurate, organised, self-driven and proactive
- Are curious and entrepreneurial, a hands-on, solution oriented do-er!
- Have a track record of pursuing self-directed or open-source side projects
- Have an interest in audio products and sound
- An opportunity to take part in an exciting startup journey
- A chance of great responsibility and opportunity to influence our future product
- A competitive salary and stock options program to take part in our future success (our salary policy is closely linked to the Tekna salary statistics)
- A great and very competent team, to lean on and support - a work family with passionate co-workers
- A key role in building a strong global brand
- Access to a great office in Trondheim
Our goal is to pay people well and create the best place in the world to work.
Most of us work out of our office in Trondheim, as we believe the best culture and work emerges from real-world connection and interaction between people. However, your physical location is secondary to your passion for delivering exceptional work. If we believe you’re a great fit with our team and culture, we’ll go far to get you onboard.
About the company
Nomono is about to change podcasting as we know it with disruptive hardware and software. We’re a Norwegian tech-startup and lucky to be building a global brand where customer satisfaction is a key ingredient. The Innovation award in the audio category at SXSW 2023 is a great proof point that we are on the right track.
At Nomono, we are committed to transparency, to all voices being heard and to having fun at work. We believe that boring stuff should be automated, that things can always improve and that a human touch is fundamental to a great customer experience. We’d love for you to join us and help them out, wherever they are and on whatever channel they want to connect. We plan to be the best in class and hope that you share our ambition.
If you want to learn more about this position, please reach out to our Head of software Sigurd Saue at +47 930 04 948.